We invite our members to participate by sending in articles, release company announcements, post non-MGA events on our website for others in the industry to see, etc. Please send articles/pictures/ announcements to: Info@mnglass.org and it will be included in the next electronic newsletter.
Hello MGA members and affiliates,
Summer came to a quick end and we have had a great year of fundraising for the association. We had a record turnout for the golf tournament and a great crowd for the Twins game ~ thank you for all for the support.
We will keep you informed of what's going on at the capital next year; there's always a few things we need to keep an eye for both sides of the glass association. We will have Representative Bob Loonan and our Lobbyist, Sarah Psick at the December meeting - see below for details. Hope to see you all there. Again, thank you for all your support!
Calendar of Events
November 14: Ethics At Work education meeting.
CLICK HERE for details and to register.
December 6: Annual Meeting, Dinner & Social
with Guest Speakers giving a Legislative update!
CLICK HERE for details and to register.
By Robert Samuelson
WASHINGTON — Driverless vehicles may not be all that they’re cracked up to be. Indeed, they may be harmful to our collective security and well-being. CLICK HERE to read full story.
She offers the following tips for legislative involvement...
Meet Sarah Psick
MN Glass Association Lobbyist
Sarah Psick established Psick Capitol Solutions, Inc. in October 2016 as a private lobbying firm focused on representing clients at the Minnesota Legislature, executive branch state agencies, metropolitan agencies, and local governments. With over 20 years’ experience in government affairs in the public and private sector, she represents national and local corporations, trade associations, nonprofits and local governments in a fast-paced environment while providing individual service with attention to detail.
Sarah is a trusted advisor to many legislative, nonprofit and business leaders. She has a unique ability to understand, explain and dissect complex legislative policy and fiscal budget issues to clients. Sarah provides behind-the-scenes insight to clients regarding key policy decisions and strategy. She works with clients to identify legislative goals, develop strategy and messages, and implement legislative plans to achieve success. Ms. Psick has successfully represented clients on appropriation, tax, bonding, and complex policy issues.
Sarah has served as a trustee on the Minnesota Zoo Board of Directors since 2006. She currently chairs the Government Affairs Committee and is a member of the Executive Committee. She is past president and board member of the Minnesota Governmental Relations Council. She lives in Apple Valley with her husband, Doug, and two children.
Sarah represents the Minnesota Glass Association at the state Capitol and has been working with the MGA members to develop relationships with legislators. She was successful in stopping harmful legislation brought forward by Safelite during the 2017 legislative session. Part of that success was the grassroots involvement on MGA members and others. She offers the following tips for legislative involvement:
- Legislators want to know their constituents! Reach out to your local State Representative and State Senator, invite them to visit your business and make a personal connection. These connections are valuable during the legislative session when issues arise and further contact is needed.
- You don’t have to be an expert on politics! You are an expert on your business, legislators don’t expect you to know the political “jargon” or how the legislative process works. Take time to explain how your business works, how you work with insurance, and take the time to educate them.
- Get Involved! Many legislators hold local Town Hall Meetings, coffeeshop drop-ins, or other events. Watch for these events in your local newspaper and attend. Your business may depend on the actions of the legislature. And, if you want – get involved in a campaign, they always need volunteers!
- Who represents you? You can use this online tool to find out your State Representative and State Senator: http://www.gis.leg.mn/iMaps/districts/
The key to legislative success is a strong presence at the State Capitol by the MGA lobbyist, support by the MGA leadership, strong relationships with legislative supporters, and local grassroots involvement of MGA members – you!
MGA Advertising and Specifications
Member Rates (Non-Members add 25%)
Eighth Page or Business Card Size ad in e-Newsletter
3 x 2.15
$150 ($30 savings)
Website Tile Ad
120 x 60 pixels
If you would like to advertise, please email email@example.com and information will be sent to you. Thank you!
Welcome New Members
MGA Member Benefits
CLICK HERE for details on becoming a MGA member
- Advocate for common interests!
- MGA has a dedicated lobbyist in St. Paul working for us
- Updates to our members on Safety Issues, Legislative Issues and New Technology
- Seminars & training – reduced rates for members!
- Quarterly eNewsletter - Members welcome to submit articles or company news!
- Promote your events on the MGA website
- Save money with our Holiday Station program
- Core Health & Dental Program - provides limited medical indemnity plans which are designed and
priced to help people gain access or save money on healthcare
- Discounts through NGA (National Glass Association)
* MyGlassClass.com online training
* Industry Reference & Technical Manuals - up to 50% off
* Discounts on OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 online training, hosted by UL, a trusted source of OSHA-
* UPS - up to 26% off UPS Express air and international shipments and a minimun of a 70% discount
plus customized rate packages on UPS Freight
* Glass Magazine and e-glass weekly - free subscription
* Window & Door Magazine and WDweekly - free subscription
* GlassBuild America: The Glass, Window & Door expo- NGA discounts on attendee registration for
the largest gathering of glass industry professionals in the Americas
* Express Learning at GlassBuild America
* Glazing Executives Forum - exclusive NGA member rate for the premier all day education and
networking event for glass and glazing executives, taking place in conjuction with GlassBuild
2017 Board of Directors
1521 93rd Lane North
Blaine, MN 55449
Only 1 Auto Glass
2001 McMenemy St
Maplewood, MN 55117
7324 Howard Lane
Eden Prairie, MN 55436
|Secretary / Treasurer
2077 Ellis Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55114
Auto Glass Express
2179 - 4th Street, Suite 2C
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Minneapolis Glass Company
14600 28th Avenue North
Plymouth, MN 55447
Twin Cities Auto Glass, Inc.
1865 Buerkle Road
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Po Box 48509
Coon Rapids, MN 55448
Phone: 763- 780-1370
PO BOX 578
St. Croix Falls, MN 54024
Brin Northwestern Glass Co.
2300 N 2nd St
Minneapolis, MN 55411
Phone: 612- 529-9671
Architectural Products Group
9351 130th Street N
Hugo, MN 55038
Minnesota Glass Association 1123 Glenwood Avenue, #100 Minneapolis, MN 55405
Phone: 952-270-3645 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org