Welcome to the MN Glass Association's quarterly eNewsletter. Stay current with industry news. We invite our members to participate by sending in articles, release company announcements, post non-MGA events at no charge within this publication for others in the industry to see. We also invite our members and non-members to advertise within (see below for rates). This publication goes out to just over 1,000 people in the glass industry. Please send to: Info@mnglass.org and it will be included in the next electronic newsletter.
Hello MGA members and affiliates,
First I want to thank the association for allowing me to serve as President. We have had a busy year and have offered a variety of events for everyone: education seminars from Human Resources to Marketing to Recalibration and then a great tour of the Cardinal Float Glass Plant. In June, we had our annual Golf Classic that had a record number of 107 golfers followed by our Annual MN Twins outing in August. Next up…our Annual Meeting in December including dinner and games of WhirlyBall. Please join us ~ details below.
We will keep you informed of what's going on at the capital next year; there's always a few things we need to keep an eye for both sides of the glass association.
Again, thank you for all your support. Wishing you all a very happy healthy holiday season. All my best,
Calendar of Events
December 5: Annual Meeting with dinner and WhirlyBall. CLICK HERE for details and to register.
A special thank you to
donating the food and grill for our MN Twins Outing!
Capitol Update Report
By Sarah Psick, MGA Lobbyist
MGA Legislative Update: Two-Minute Warning
October 29, 2018
Unless case you haven’t turned on the TV or radio, opened your mailbox, or talked with a neighbor – you are well-aware that there is an election taking place on Tuesday, November 6th. Minnesotan’s will be voting for two U.S. Senate seats, one of eight local Congressional seats, a new Governor, all Minnesota Constitutional officers, all members of the Minnesota House of Representatives, and one open seat in the Minnesota Senate.
Most important to the Minnesota Glass Association (MGA) is the election for Governor and the Minnesota Legislature. Current Governor Mark Dayton is not seeking reelection. Looking to become Minnesota’s next Governor are Congressman Tim Walz (Democrat) and Hennepin County Commissioner Jeff Johnson (Republican). The new Governor will be responsible for appointing the next Commerce Department Commissioner and other state agency officials. All 134 seats of the Minnesota House of Representatives are on the ballot. Currently, Republicans hold a 77 seat majority over the Democrats 57 seat minority. When the 2019 legislative session begins, there will be as few as 26 new members in the Minnesota House with the current number of member retirements – and, with the inevitable defeat of some incumbents, that number will grow. There will be a new chair of the House Commerce Committee and other changes following the election.
The MGA lobbyist and members will be working to educate the new Governor, new legislators, leadership and staff about the issues important to our members. If you haven’t met the candidates in your area – it is not too late. Either before the election or after, please take the time to reach out and make an introduction, share a story about your business and your work. Legislators respond to local constituents and these relationships will be very important when issues begin to pop at the Capitol.
If you need information about where to vote or want to watch the results on election night, please visit the website of the Secretary of State: https://www.sos.state.mn.us/elections-voting/
I? know we will all be glad when the election cycle is over and the barrage of political ads have ended, but that is when the 2019 MGA legislative session work begins!
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Sarah Psick, MGA Lobbyist
Psick Capitol Solutions
MGA Advertising and Specifications
Member Rates (Non-Members add 25%)
Eighth Page or Business Card Size ad in e-Newsletter
3 x 2.15
$150 ($30 savings)
Website Tile Ad
120 x 60 pixels
If you would like to advertise, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and information will be sent to you. Thank you!
New Members Spotllight
CLICK HERE for details on becoming a MGA member
- Advocate for common interests!
- MGA has a dedicated lobbyist in St. Paul working for us
- Updates to our members on Safety Issues, Legislative Issues and New Technology
- Seminars & training – reduced rates for members!
- Quarterly eNewsletter - Members welcome to submit articles or company news!
- Promote your events on the MGA website
- Save money with our Holiday Station Gas program
- Core Health & Dental Program - provides limited medical indemnity plans which are designed and priced to help people gain access or save money on healthcare
- Discounts through NGA (National Glass Association)
* MyGlassClass.com online training
* Industry Reference & Technical Manuals - up to 50% off
* Discounts on OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 online training, hosted by UL, a trusted source of OSHA- approved training.
* UPS - up to 26% off UPS Express air and international shipments and a minimun of a 70% discount plus customized rate packages on UPS Freight
* Glass Magazine and e-glass weekly - free subscription
* Window & Door Magazine and WDweekly - free subscription
* GlassBuild America: The Glass, Window & Door expo- NGA discounts on attendee registration for the largest gathering of glass industry professionals in the Americas
* Express Learning at GlassBuild America
* Glazing Executives Forum - exclusive NGA member rate for the premier all day education and networking event for glass and glazing executives, taking place in conjuction with GlassBuild America
Board of Directors
7324 Howard Lane
Eden Prairie, MN 55436
1521 93rd Lane North
Blaine, MN 55449
2077 Ellis Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55114
|Secretary / Treasurer
Minneapolis Glass Company
14600 28th Avenue North
Plymouth, MN 55447
Auto Glass Express
2179 - 4th Street, Suite 2C
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Only 1 Auto Glass
2001 McMenemy St
Maplewood, MN 55117
Twin Cities Auto Glass, Inc.
1865 Buerkle Road
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Po Box 48509
Coon Rapids, MN 55448
Phone: 763- 780-1370
PO BOX 578
St. Croix Falls, MN 54024
Brin Northwestern Glass Co.
2300 N 2nd St
Minneapolis, MN 55411
Phone: 612- 529-9671
Minnesota Glass Association 1123 Glenwood Avenue, #100 Minneapolis, MN 55405
Phone: 952-270-3645 Email: email@example.com